I am exclusively working on a newly created VAT Tax Specialist position for a rapidly growing fashion brand, based in central London. A really interesting business where scientists and technologists connect with designers to create the next generation of sustainable clothing products. A business which has a huge focus on being Eco-Friendly, along with having a very active and strong social media presence.
Due to the ongoing growth of this business, they are looking for a qualified VAT Tax Specialist to join their finance department. The ideal candidate will act as the 'go to person' for all VAT related activity across the business (UK, US and international). You will be working closely with their finance division, reporting into the Finance Director.
- Project manage the UK and international VAT compliance cycle.
- Supporting the monthly and quarterly filings for certain EU countries.
- Build relationships across the business so that you can deliver tax audit responses when appropriate.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure VAT rates for products are correct, including determining the VAT liability on complex products in different countries.
- Work with the Finance Director on ad-hoc projects related to VAT and sales tax returns.
- Identifying risk areas and raise tax awareness.
- Drive continuous process improvement across all areas.
- ACCA, ACA or CTA qualified
- In-house experience is a must.
- Strong UK and International VAT knowledge.
- Familiar with Xero and SAP is desirable.
- Analytical with a confident and engaging mindset.
Paying up to £70,000 plus package
Their culture is very trendy, social, diverse with everyday being different. A great opportunity to build a tax offering as the business continues to grow. The finance department are all currently working from home for the foreseeable future with the option to go into the office 1-2 times per week, if you wish.
If you are interested and meet the required skill set, please get in touch for a confidential conversation with Simon Riva.